torsdag den 22. marts 2012

Thankful | Simple joys


In 7th grade, when I was at an American school in Nigeria, I had a discipleship teacher who introduced me to the concept of Simple Joys. Once a week we had to write down at least 5 simple joys from the past week, and it introduced my 13-year-old mind to a whole new world - being thankful for the little things, as well as the big things. 

Although I don't write down my simple joys once a week anymore, I often think what I would write down, and these days I have so much to be thankful for. 

I'm thankful that the backpain I've had since Sunday is lessening, and that my hubby and my dog are quite understanding when I spend the entire day on the couch, because it hurts to be up and about. (rhyme!)


I'm thankful that I got a job, but also thankful that I still have a week and a half before starting.

I'm thankful that spring seems to finally be here. I'm thankful that I'm no longer freezing when I take Obelix outside, and I'm thankful for all the flowers and greens sprouting forth.



I'm thankful that my hubby bought beautiful tulips for me the other day.


I'm thankful that in just 5 days I will celebrate my one year wedding anniversary with my wonderful man, and I'm thankful we get to celebrate it with good friends around. 

I'm thankful that my brother's new (but 11 month old) great dane and our little dachshund seem to be getting along alright. I'm thankful the great dane - Plato - didn't eat Obelix.



What are your simple joys today?

/Lea Binta

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.