onsdag den 1. august 2012

Confession | Addicted

So you know how everyone gains a couple of pounds over christmas
and then has to do this insane bikini-bootcamp to get in shape for 
the summer season?
I have to do that.
But you know when I gain more than I do over christmas?
During the summer.
Preferably while wearing my bikini.

I kid you not, as much as I love my winter foods,
I go absolutely crazy for summer foods!
I am, in fact, pretty addicted to summer food.

I know people who say that they don't eat much during the summer.
It's too hot for anything other than a light salad.
I often wonder, are they aliens?
Or maybe, deep down inside, they're really rabbits, 
and the finest food they'll ever really appreciate is lettuce and carrots?

I don't get it.
How can they not divulge themselves in the flavors of summer?
I could live off of icecream and barbecues!

You wanna see what I ate so far this summer?
Oh relax, I won't show you everything,
just the reeeaaaally good ones.

Better get ready for your mouth to start watering.

I got these mini donuts with powdered sugar at a concert,
and thank God I don't know where else to purchase these,
because I would have gained 20 pounds by tomorrow!


Have you ever lived in another country for years, and then
suddenly move?
You start missing the place, the customs, and the people,
but more than that
you start to really miss the food.
Of course you still miss the people too, since they cooked the food!

I miss Nigerian food so often, and one night my parents decided to make
a nice, homely Nigerian meal.
Aka what we could buy on campus.
We cooked and ate for hours. 
I'm pretty sure this evening accounts for most of my weight gain
over the past few weeks,
but it was sooooo worth it.




 Top left corner: kosai
Top right corner: suya
Bottom left corner: potatoes and puff puff
Nigerian pepper, salt, onions.

My sweet parents also decided to invite me and my brother for
brunch at a local café.
Of course, having eaten so much the previous days I passed.
NOT.
Who would pass up this delicious food?


And you know what else is a constant food favorite for me?
Taking a regular meal and throwing it on the grill.
It just makes it taste so much better!
Someday I'm moving to Australia and I will be throwing all my food
on the barbie.
And I'll get a funky accent too, because you can't say
"shrimp on the barbie" if you have no funky accent.
You betcha.


And really, some of the best food experiences of the summer aren't even on here!

I absolutely love being able to make my own icecream with whatever
flavour I want, in my handy lil' icecream mean-machine.
My brother fell in love with it too.
I'll have to get him one for christmas.
(Andreas, I know you're reading this, just act surprised at 
christmas, alright?)

Also, one night we visited a lovely Iranian family, and they cooked us
a feast!
A feast, I tell you!
We could easily have been 10 more people, with all that food!
And it was sooooo delicious, and they were sooooo nice,
and I don't have ANY pictures from that evening, because,
well, I was far too busy enjoying the food and their company.

Check back in 6 months to hear all about how I gain weight 
during the winter.

/Lea Binta

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.