torsdag den 15. november 2012

Thankful Thursday | Sleep





Obelix can sleep anywhere, in any position.
I used to be able to sleep anywhere, in any position,
but not anymore.

Lately, my body has been acting up.
I haven't exactly been good to it staying up all night
for both the American presidential election,
and then a couple of days later for my birthday sleepover.

Almost a year ago I had 2-3 weeks where I couldn't sleep.
I couldn't function properly, because I didn't get any sleep at night,
but no matter how tired I was I just couldn't sleep.
It was because of stress.

These days it's sort of returning, this whole not-being-able-to-sleep-thing.
It's horrible.
I'm really tired all day, 
but when I finally get to go to sleep at night I can't.
Yesterday I finally feel asleep almost right away.
I really needed it too.
So much that I overslept this morning, 
even though I had a late class.

I take sleep for granted a lot, but sometimes being able to sleep
isn't just a necessity - it's a blessing,
and today I'm really thankful that I could sleep last night.

- Lea Binta

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.